Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Monday night ride

So I noticed on facebook last week that Jeremy from the Barrie Trek store had made an event about a monday night ride. I asked about it, and I was told that I was for sure ok to come out. It was a night ride behind the Simcoe County Building. Sounds good. I headed up early to get on some of the trails in light, both so I could see the trails before I rode them in the dark, and to get a longer ride in. I got a solid hour of interval riding in, then what was supposed to be a nice easy ride back to the cars to meet the guys. Well I hit a little root and did this.


That was a stick that thankfully didnt puncture my ass, but it did give me some solid cuts, and tore the shit out of my shorts. You can see the blood on the shorts still.

So i got back, asked if anyone had any duct tape, found out no one did, so I was relegated to the back of the ride so I wasnt mooning someone the whole time. Got set up with matts old light system, and off we went. It was a pretty decent pace for me, as these riders are mostly alot faster then me. About half way through the ride, i was convinced to not change gears anymore. So off we went, no changing gears. Somehow, by the end of the ride I managed to get into my 14 sprocket....which would explain why it was so hard at the end....that or I am week.

No comments: