Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pure Domination

So for all the smak talking spak and jacob could muster, turned out to be nothing more then just that. I will have to wait until the results are posted online to confirm, but i think that Team Awesome beat jacob by a matter of like 2-3 minutes. with spak a distant third in this race inside a race.

So the race order went bike, snowshoe, ski. Tristan led it out for us on the bike, after not getting taken out by matt on the start(not for lack of trying on matts part), he seemed to roll out in good position. He would have to talk more of the bike, but it seems jacob gapped the feild on the first climb, and tristan said he just took more risks on the decent, and caught back up, so we were only down a few seconds on the bike going into T1. Well obviously being a team, we were going to win the transition game every time, so a quick tag off once tristan found me, and I was off. I was going at a pretty good clip for the first 1km or so, so I backed it down a notch, and walked like 4 times. Mostly after a climb, and just for a few seconds, catch my breath, re-adjust my one peice, aero, race suit, and back to the running. Coffee run was a little sketch comming down the hills, but it wasnt the worst. I rolled in, well ran in, and tagged off to Sir Watson. Posting a respectable 12:29 on for the 3km. So I was pretty pleased, I was under 15 which was my goal time. Andrew held onto our solid lead, to finish about 1:40ish ahead of second place. So I am happy, my fun race was both fun and we won. I believe they call that win win win...the extra win is for how awesome the team was.

Now lets back up a bit, yesterday, hit up blue mountain to see a man about a mountain bike. Well loosley defined as a man. Got the new bike loaded in the car. Got changed, and headed out for a road ride, figured when in rome.........(anchorman reference for those that dont get my humour). Rode Senic Caves rd twice....its alot longer then i seem to remember. Then figured andrew would kill me if I wasnt fresh for today, so I headed down into collingwood to spin out the ol legs. I was feeling good, and going through town I was actually using the left lane to start passing cars. Without having a computer, I would have to assume I was doing around 55-60. Then again i did have a tail wind. So I continued with my little circumnavigation of collingwood. Stopped at Expresso Post for a latte, and headed back to the car. Finally rolled into home around 230-3 ish. Played with the new bike, some changes to make it mine(gold derailer housing), and slightly adjusted the saddle height.

This afternoon is going to be full of cleaning bikes to get them ready to be sold in the hardwood swap. Then going bowling apparently to celelbrate a certain teamates birthday, which was yesterday..

Seacrest out.....I mean Brandon out.....

No comments: