Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Intensity for all...

So i had found this local bike shop called Fat Frogs, the guys in the shop seemed pretty chill and told me about a group ride they have wed/sat/sun every week at 0730. So today was my day off and i figured I will make an apperance. I rolled out with the A+ group(22mph +) to see how I would do at a higher intensity. Well it started out fine enough with all of 5 people. We dropped one about 4km into it, later on i was told he is taking some diet pills and latley since he has been on them can hardly hold and high intensity. So we were down to 4 of us, and only 3 of us doing any real pulls(longer then 10sec, which is cool as that one person not pulling long was a girl, and she still did some pulling, so it let us recover). We did a nice ride through the country roads, that was about as flat as you can get on roads...max elevation would probably be measured in inches. We rolled into the start point at around an hour, so we averaged about 24ish mph. I forgot to ask the other guys what they had as I dont have a computer on this bike.

I grabbed a coffee from starbucks(convienently located next door to the shop), and headed into the shop with the rest of the guys. At this point the slower(or less fast if you do the midland group rides) groups were rolling in. Spent about 45 minutes in the shop talking about the local race scene, training, and just cycling in general. Pretty chill group of dudes and dudettes. I am looking forward to getting some more riding in with them. Just have to make it work at work now.

Now that I am all showered up and smell pretty, i am going to head to to a local outlet mall to check out the sales at oakley, under armour, ect.... I think my credit card might get worn out if i stay too long.

No comments: