Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

promises

So i think that i am back on the bloging bandwagon, as it seems to help those sponsored/looking for sponsorship. That and i feel that the world definatly needs to hear what i have to say...it may be the ramblings of a mad man, but thats what you get.
So those of you that arnt on my friend list on facebook, probably dont know what is up with me. In the last year since i blogged, i was riding alot, as i had no car, and had to get to work somehow. Then work took me to areas that i couldnt race, so i didnt race MTB in 2010....sad. Then in the fall i bought 'The Manondale' and took up cross racing....happy. I was doin ok, won my first begginer race at the hillbilly hustle(our own mr watsons favorite race as he is rewarded in about 6 years supply of beer). So i decided to stop sandbagging as i was a few minutes ahead of second place, and like 15 ahead of 3rd. The rest of the season was like if Tyson fought an infant....just havin the elites hand me my ass all season long. Not training for 4 months before and drinking alot of beer didnt help. Certainly i dont think doing about 99% of my cross racing in true cross form....aka hungover helped either.
So i am now in the lovley southern united states for a few months with work. I was starting to ramp up training for what is shapping up to be a busy busy year filled with racing. On last saturday i was doing some interval training on a loop around where i am staying, i looked down just after a hard set, breathing hard, and i didnt see the speed bump comming. My right hand slipped off the bars and i went down pretty hard. The cost, one UA shirt, my tri club wind jacket, new derailer cables and housing(was due anyways), and the right brake hood on my campy record brake levers. Right now it is electrical taped in place while I wait for a replacment. The rest is all fixed up..... for fun look at my hip....
Lesson learned, look where I am going....oh, and you use your oblique muscles for just about everything, it still gives me alot of pain, so i am taking a few days off training to let it heal up.
So I am in the wanting a new bike phase. I am about 99% going with a Norco CRR SL for my road bike this year....and that dammed Stu Alp is temping me with his Norco Team Carbon mtb from last year for a good price....problem is i just dont have the cash for it all.....dammed drinking habbit....i have quit drinking by the way, well almost. I have one beer left from a 12 pack i bought 5 weeks ago, so I think I am doing really well. Just need to stop crashing and breaking my bikes and in theory I will actually start making money.........
So my work is over on the 31st of March.....what am I going to do after that you say? Race the Icebreaker, P2A, ect......eff that ess....i am going south again sucka. I am going to Mr Bennos place in the derty south for the month. So I have to get all my base milage in over the next 2 months, once i get to socar(i am going to start this i think, like socal, but not as cool), its time for the intensity. I forsee lots of racing up the many mountainous climbs in the area with the many fine residents of che ben. I have races to win when i get back in May, and categories to attain...
Anyways, i just noticed it is now 0049hrs, off to bed.

Ok, i just spent 10 minutes trying to post a picture....no dice, so just imagine a bruise that is literally about 8" long and 4" tall with a bunch of road rash in the middle....i am impressed with it....almost to the point of framing the picture, anywho, off to lollypop land.

No comments: