Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What to do with your time off

So I had been thinking, I listen to alot of music. So why not let those of you who are less adventurous with your music know what I am listening to now. My tastes are extreemly varried and I can easily have country, rap, punk, classic rock, folk, and even acoustic stuff all in the same playlist. I will be the first to admit, I use my iPod when I ride. I am in base mileage season now so I really get to enjoy some good chill music while I just push the pedals for hours. So let's see what my most recent music purchases have been.
Mumford and Sons- Sigh no MoreI really liked their single Little Lion Man, so I grabbed the album. I have to say that listening to the album makes me think of the album title from Sum 41, all killer no filler. They are a Four price folk group from England. they combine well thought, powerful lyrics with a cool mix of instruments. From stand up bass, to accordion to banjo to guitar, and alot in between. Their new single The cave is another good track, though my personal favorite is the same as the album name, Sigh no More. they are a good chill out band, though the nano stuff really can get you going.
Florence & the Machine- LungsI was a big fan of the strong vocals from the single Dog Days are Over. so I picked up the album Lastnight. I have not had a chance to listen to it all yet, but it is pretty slow stuff. More like good recovery or streching music. Slow is not bad, powerfull vocals, just not for everyone.
Punk Goes Pop vol.3- various artistsI also grabbed this, it's coversongs of pop hits by punk bands. Fun album, cool cover of MIA's Paper Planes. I really Nike the Punk Goes series.
On the uncomming front....Rise Against has a new album out on march 15th. Lookin forward to that, rise against is always good to ride to.
That's it for now, gotta atleast pretend I am working.

No comments: