Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

rights and lefts oh my...

So today was my day off. So i figured I would sleep in a bit. Got up at about 830 feeling pretty solid. So I packed up my bike and boards and headed off to Va Beach. I got up to the race site, and no one was there. So I headed off to the AWI sanctuary(aka starbucks), and checked what was up on the ol IPOD, seems the start time of 1130 was moved to 130. So i drove around lookin at crap.

Finally get up to the race site, sign in, get dressed and start my warm up. It was starting to warm up, so it was nice that the race was later. Watched the girls race, seemed pretty solid. The course was dead flat, 2 hard corners, one with pretty sketchy pavement on the inside line...stayed the eff away from that sucka.

So the mens race got started right on time. Rolled out at a pretty chill pace. There was 3 primes in this race. I when for the first one about half a lap out, and no one followed, they wernt chasing too hard, so i was away for about 2 laps, but because this was less then 10 laps in I let them catch me. The race was pretty relaxed, hard accelerations out of the two hard corners, but nothing bad. It was kinda sketchy because there was no lapping rules. So if you were lapped you just kept racing. Like cross, but in a crit, this gets a little hairy. I went for the other 2 primes, but there was one dude who took the other two, i was second both times. The last lap saw the pace pick up like expected, and the acceleration really went at about the half way throuh the lap. I was sitting 5th wheel in the last corner. I stood up to catch the acceleration out of that corner, and thats when my lack of intensity training kicked in. I had nothing. I went as hard as I could, but got caught by a group just shy of the line. Finished 11th. Next race is in 2 weeks, so it looks like I am going to be doing some interval training in the next bit, see if I can finish better. Set me up better for SC.

In other news, I saw Unknown with Liam Neeson last night. Pretty much what it is is that he is a doctor that is going to berlin to give a speach at a Bio Tech convention. He is in a car acciedent and when he wakes up 4 days later he knows who he is, but everyone else is acting as though he is not who he thinks he is. Cue 1h30 of him trying to figure out what is going on, and who is responsible. Good movie, I like Liam Neeson, and he didnt let me down in this.

No comments: